People may think that the only thing to do in Val d'Isere in the winter is skiing or snowboarding. Well that is what I thought before I was pregnant. When I was pregnant with our first child 6 years ago, I wondered how I was going to cope without skiing. Surprisingly I really enjoyed the winter and found plenty to do. For those of you who are pregnant or do not ski here is a list of a few things to do.
1) A Drink or Lunch at the Clochetons restaurant and a little walk in the Manchet ( my favourite place in Val)
2) Take the bus to Le Fornet and a walk to the Pont St. Charles and back
3) There is a stunning walk passed the Funival in La Daille that takes you through the frozen streams.
3) Take the cable car up to the Signal Resturant in Le Fornet for Lunch
4) Take the La Daille cable car up to the Froutier Restaurant
5) If you are looking for a healthy light meal, the Artic Cafe is a perfect place to go. There is one in the centre of town and on the snow front.
6) There is a large swimming pool with a spar at the Aqua Sportif Centre in Val d'Isère.
7) Treat yourself to a pregnancy massage with us!
Here are just a few things to do. In the next month I will post more things to do in Val d'Isere while pregnant or not skiing.